Without education, man is no better than animal beings. Swami Chinmayananda asserts, “A student entering the halls of wisdom can gain admission only when he has got a good education. All education is based on books .But books for reading must be selected very carefully. It is an extremely delineate exercise. James Russell Lowell says, “Our mind sinks or rises to the level” of books we read. Lord Byron says, “Some books are to be chewed and digested.”
Library of Rayat-Bahra institute of Pharmacy is an airy, well ventilated, and safeguarded against excessive dampnesss.It has 2319 volumes, and 731 titles, related to pharmacy & medical sciences. The collection belongs to basic to specialized, national to international. Latest Publications are added regularly. The library has a majestic reading hall, which has a capacity for 40 readers where they can sit and consult reference books and other relevant literature in calm and comfortable environment.
Number of Titles & Volume of Library
- Total No. of Volumes- 5044
- Total No. of titles- 923
- Journals: 14 Journals both National and International
- List of online National/International Journals subscribed : Through DELNET
- E-Library facilities : DELNET
- Circulation Section: Where readers can get themselves enrolled as member of the Library. Two books are issued for students (for 14 days) and six books are issued for staff (for 30 days).
- Periodicals Section: The Library subscribes to about 18 journals, magazines and newspapers.
- Technical Section: Before the reading material is made available for use on the stacks, it is technically processed in this Section.
- Acquisition Section: This Section acquires books and other reading material selected by the Library staff as well as recommended by the Chairpersons of various Departments.